The big data challenge of enterprise IT
If you’re in IT, you’re on the hook to keep critical business services running 24/7. But they run on 50,000+ interdependent objects spitting out millions of metrics per minute. How can you possibly keep up? You need vRealize Operations.
The cure for alert fatigue
Primitive Spark envisioned a series of diagnostic scores to collapse a firehose of data down to a few simple numbers. These scores can summarize the health, risk and e ciency of a single virtual machine or an entire data center at a glance. Color coded visualizations allow you to view your entire infrastructure, pinpoint problems quickly and drill in to fix them.
More insight, less noise
With these powerful visuals, IT pros can get the big picture and resolve problems without wading through zillions of alerts, sometimes before services are even impacted. Problems are annotated with recommendations and notes from past fixes, so users can understand context and take immediate action. And a flexible policy engine allows organizations to tailor the alerting rules to their unique needs.
Getting out of firefighting mode
With all that time saved, IT can be more strategic again with vRealize Operations. For this purpose, we designed easy-to-use planning tools to forecast growth, anticipate needs, reduce risk and optimize efficiency.
Sophisticated user-centered approach
For this project Primitive Spark:
- Interviewed stakeholders to capture requirements and led collaborative workshops to iterate on solutions;
- Conducted customer research, including on-site observations and usability testing;
- Created comprehensive UX design, visual design and data visualization designs across multiple product releases;
- Designed the system’s iconography with accessibility considerations for color-blindness;
- Supported VMWare’s in-house development team to steward the product through multiple deployments.